IMac software for webpages....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 11:16:57 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> Okay guys on web pages. I am a Mac person and someone who needs that
> tutorial lesson (hands on )..l am so jealous of all these web pages. I
> dont consider myself afraid of the computer but this web page designing is
> frightening to me. Who feels they have those words of advice to show me
> step by step. Including the best software that carries me step by step.
> I have really hopes to have something going by the time July rolled
> around, afraid it ain't gonna happen.
***********************

Hi, Jackie (and others interested). Have you seen our webpage?

These pages were done on an IMAC with Claris Home Page 3.0. It's an easy
program with basic stuff and has an understandable tutorial built into the
software. (I'm not a techie person so if you are timid, you might want to
venture out with this software.) I DO have to tell you that I'm only allowed
to make the pages and the actual linkage to the server can ONLY be done by
the tech lady as she has the secret password....it's a power thing. I've
watched (and done) some of the linkage but I am not allowed to watch when
she puts in the magic number....can you believe that?! She's the kinda
person who never smiles either. I can never tell if she likes me or is
pissed at me...ha!...but I plow on.

I think the software cost me around $60. The school has the software but I
bought my own for home use. I make up the pages and scan the artwork or
photos at home, set up the pages, put on a disk (or email it directly to her
school computer we both work from), and the linkage to the server occurs at
the school site. Not a perfect system but the only way I'm allowed to get it
done, it seems. All that transference doesn't seem to dilute the quality of
the art images which was my primary concern.

I can at least help you with setting up the pages and all the little tricks
I learned on my own. You know....I really dislike the fact that we generally
have to learn everything on our own because the tech person or the district
thinks we can do so. Being a visual learner myself, it's a whole lot easier
and faster if someone SHOWS me than my having to read a manual. I also
dislike the fact that the district or county will offer classes but charge
an arm and a leg's worth of $$$ for taking same classes. Aren't we learning
for the kids' sakes? Should we have to pay $$$ for doing things for the
kids? I don't THINK so!!!!...but this is another thread.

Soooooo...if anyone wants help with Claris Home Page 3.0, I'll be here.
Toodles.....Bunki

---