Laugh at the Ironies in life

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 09:08:11 PDT

I do all the time....I laugh at all the things I do opposite of other folks.

Here are some of mine:
I always type everytime instead of every time
I always type some time instead of sometime
I always type studnets instead of students

There are a lot of other words I always type wrong first....and I find humor
in them....so from now on if you see a word I have typed wrong and I left it
that way...you will be able to laugh right along with me! If you see
studnets know that I am creating "fishers of men" (a song that runs through
my head. I have a work of art titled that and I have fish all over my
house.). I even chuckle when I see my good friends on this list type
"students" the same why I have and they leave it "studnets". Those kiddies
really are our future.

And if I ever correct a word that my spell check says is wrong and I correct
it to what my spell check says is right...you can all laugh with me too
because I am only typing what my computer says I should do.

Sit down and think about the negative things that may have happened to you
in your life....sip your tea.....and in no time you will be able to see only
the positive as I do and you will be able to just laugh at how silly
everything has been....for a good reason too. It took me a couple weeks to
work through and find the positive things in my life....funny how I had to
share my thought process will all of you folks along the way.

But I guess I have set a message loud and clear "practice what you
preach"....If I am going to preach higher order thinking skills....shouldn't
I do them myself? When you have a problem....you have to sit down and figure
out what works for you....lay the cards out on the table and take all of
your knowledge and put the pieces together in a good way....and then do it.

I struggled with some of the same things all of you have done over the
years....Assessment.....Behavior/Discipline......Lesson
planning.....everything.....I have put all of my processes on the WCOIL site
so you can see what things I have used in the past (one of my best ones I
didn't even need--the monthly calendar at a glance--but I sure am glad it
helped you folks).....to help get me to "practice what I preach" about how
to treat kids. When something wasn't working....I would revise....
I put my whole curriculum on my Web page to make lesson planning so much
easier for me. I use self assessment with kids to make grading so much
easier for me....I use self assessment to improve what I do to make my
administrators job easier....When I see a problem with what I do --I work to
fix it...using those H.O.T.S. and eventually al of my problems get solved in
a good way.

I even have two curriculum guides --one at school and one at home to help me
all the time.

Fabulous Friday and it is only 11:58...I wonder what will happen next?
My kiddies come into my room all the time and say "What are we going to do
today?"....and I reply "I don't know--lets's find out"....Ooops...Son's
friends at the door so now it is 12:07

---