Are any of you interested in publishing?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 07:06:50 PDT

I have had a couple list members suggest I publish my thoughts on education
and art education....I have several good reasons why I can not publish. Any
thing I put out on this list is freely given. Anyone who likes what I write
can collect them and publish them. You can say thank you to my special Getty
ArtsEdTalk List friends. I can't even tell you where most of my thoughts
come from --and I can't even give the documentation because I can not
remember all of the names. (Two very dear list friends even suggested I not
put their names in any more --so now I have no record of who gave me what
idea)

I have several list members who know the symbolism in some things that are
on my site....

I just picked up my National Art Education Magazine for July...and the odd
thing is the entire magazine is exactly what I have been thinking. I even
wanted to order the "Dave the Slave" pottery poster---but now don't need
to --They have a great photo in the magazine. The have the story quilt by
Hensley -- they have the portrait by Delaney ---and even "The Annunciation"
by Tanner to show how artists pick same titles and present it differently. I
have been picking different titles all my life and presenting them
differently....Just take a look at my two web pages....One is for you with
my art and what got the site started ...the other one promotes my kids. Both
sites have the same title (although last year I had to change the title on
the WCOIL home page).

A very dear list member did this same idea last school year...Looked at
artists who chose the same theme but presented it in a different way....If
you want more ideas on that --you will have to search the archives. Several
were posted to the list and several were posted privately....I know three I
suggested were: "Birth of Venus"...."The Annunciation"...."Judgment Day"

I even have my own "Birth of Venus" in my own art....and I ripped off
Botticelli's Venus just like Warhol did.

Oooooo.....Get this...The quilt has eyes all over it too....just watching as
the story plays out.....Reminds me of a cool project a list member did with
her kids.
http://ww2.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/faculty/Kramer/los_cerros_art_home_index.ht
There are eyes watching us all the time....Let's make sure the eyes are
watching us doing good things.

Back to Fabulous Friday again....My Hubby said his was Wonderful....but I
told him we already had that day Wednesday...so he corrected his error and
said it was Fabulous after all. "Spread Peace"....send out your "Ripple of
hope" (just the highlights this time).

Judy Decker

---