Re: Interview

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 05:30:31 PDT

  1. What grade or grades do you teach?

      PreK - 8

  2. Do you teach at only one school or are you shared by two or more?

      I used to teach part time in two schools, but this year (2000-2001) I got to teach full time in one school

  3. What State (or Country) are you teaching in?

      Connecticut

  4. Do you keep an on going communication with the Classroom Teachers in your school? Via email?

      Yes, although not structured. I'd use email, but there are only a couple of other teachers in my building who check their email regularly throughout the day like I do.

  5. Do you coordinate your Art lessons to relate to what the students are studying in their classroom?

      Sometimes, but only when I can tie into the art curriculum or when the ideas generated by such coordination really jazz me.

  6. Do you keep in touch with the other Art teachers in your district? How?

      Yes, but only once or twice per year in any regionally organized meeting. The rest of the time we see one another at the grocery store, or 3 out of the 7 of us can email one another.

  7. Could you give me some idea of the extent to which you have contact nationally or internationally with other Art Educators?

      I read and respond on ArtsEdNet two or three times eachday during the school year, but only once every day or two during the summer.

  8. What are some of the benefits you have experienced by keeping in touch with others in your field?

      I think a big benefit is the comradery, but also, I change or modify 60 - 75% of my program every year, with many of my ideas culled from ArtsEdNet.

  9. Does your school have a Website?

      No.

  10. Do you have your own Web page?

      Not yet.

  11. If yes to #10, please tell me something about it?

---