Re: Stressless- not there yet but working on it

---------

From: klmvisarts (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 09:50:55 PDT

StresslessHi everyone!
It has been a while but I am thrilled to be back on the list! I had a tough year- still on the cart at four different locations now (last year only 3). On top of that I had a fire in my home. Mostly we had smoke damage- but a lot of it!!! Our hardwoods were burned a bit. If it had happened during the summer it wouldn't have been so bad, but with our lack of substitute teachers I made sure I made it to school during every day of the ensuing clean up. Insurance was good to us and we had a cleaning crew for 2 weeks as well as new, paint, porous furniture (aaahhhh a new bed is the best stress buster, new paint, and we are getting to the refinishing of the hardwoods).

The sorting and throwing away of my years of collecting STUFF has been a great deal of work but I feel more stress-free than I ever have before! I still have a half-torn out kitchen because if you have to get new furniture and paint why not do all the remodeling you've been putting off?

Having much more relaxing days, enjoying my children's company, and the fresh air that is finally replacing the smoke smell....

By the way beware of recycled logs if they are sold in your area. According to our firefighters they are an increasing cause of fire damage in our area. They burn flame instead of ember so it isn't safe to use more than one at a time. There wasn't any warning on the barrels full that we purchased.

Kerry