Re: Interview

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 09:21:10 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Christine Norton
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Cc: art2neon@netpath.net
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 11:17 AM
Subject: Interview

Sorry I'm posting these answers to the list, but I don't know Christine's
address. . .

Here is the Interview:
1. What grade or grades do you teach?
Art grades k-5

2. Do you teach at only one school or are you shared by two or more?
one school, 35 classes

3. What State (or Country) are you teaching in?
Pennsylvania

4. Do you keep an on going communication with the Classroom Teachers in your
school? Via email?
I talk to them, sometimes we do projects together, but not often. We
communicate verbally, not by e-mail.

5. Do you coordinate your Art lessons to relate to what the students are
studying in their classroom?
Sometimes, when asked. I tried to do some integrating one year, but found
that everyone, even within the same grade level was doing something
different. It was too confusing.

6. Do you keep in touch with the other Art teachers in your district? How?
Not really. Once in a while we go to workshops or have an in-service
together. One teacher comes to my school once a week, we talk. We also
recently re- wrote the elementary curriculum together.

7. Could you give me some idea of the extent to which you have contact
nationally or internationally with other Art Educators?
Just through this list, but it has helped a lot.

8. What are some of the benefits you have experienced by keeping in touch
with others in your field?
It's helpful for brainstorming ideas, sharing experiences, and developing
best practices.

9. Does your school have a Website?
yes, but it hasn't been updated in a while. We are working on it.

10. Do you have your own Web page?
No.

11. If yes to #10, please tell me something about it?
NA

Thank you so much for participating in my success as an Art Education
Student! I look forward to reading you response,
Christine Norton