Re: Interview

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 08:57:00 PDT

> Christine Norton wrote:
>
> The day before yesterday I joined this list and posted a note
> mentioning that I would like to interview some Art Educators. I am a
> first year Elem. Sch. Art Teacher and this interview is for a class at
> UNCGreensboro. Quite a few people responded to my first note. Thank
> you for you willingness to help. I won’t have time right now to
> respond back to each of those people personally so I am posting this
> interview to the list. Anyone who would like to answer any or all of
> these questions, please feel free to do so. It would be a great help
> to me. Not only am I very interested in your responses but also my
> paper is due tomorrow.
>
> Here is the Interview:
>
> 1. What grade or grades do you teach?

Middle school- grades 6,7,8
> 2. Do you teach at only one school or are you shared by two or more?

One school
> 3. What State (or Country) are you teaching in?

Orange County, California

> 4. Do you keep an on going communication with the Classroom Teachers
> in your school? Via email?
Yes, we have a group on Yahoo for teachers (no administrators). We are
also quite a close staff and have a lot of contact at school as well as email.

> 5. Do you coordinate your Art lessons to relate to what the students
> are studying in their classroom?

Rarely, my classes are mixed grade level.

> 6. Do you keep in touch with the other Art teachers in your district?
> How?
We meet occasionally- not often

> 7. Could you give me some idea of the extent to which you have contact
> nationally or internationally with other Art Educators?

Artsednet gives me daily contact with art teachers from all over the
world- it is invaluable.

> 8. What are some of the benefits you have experienced by keeping in
> touch with others in your field?
New ideas, support, inspiration, I depend on it now. I also have
established Art pal (pen pal, art exchange) programs with two schools-
one in Canada and one in Ohio for my students- we are going on our third
year of exchanges.

> 9. Does your school have a Website?
Yes, but not very active

> 10. Do you have your own Web page?
Yes

> 11. If yes to #10, please tell me something about it?
I established my site while doing my masters work at Pepperdine
University. I have pages for my students to display work and pages of
activities for them, I also have pages for my professional development
stuff and I started a site for my son's high school Water Polo team.

Good luck,
Heather
> Thank you so much for participating in my success as an Art Education
> Student! I look forward to reading you response,
>
> Christine Norton
>
> ---
> leave-artsednet-5780X@lists.getty.edu

---