Re: Interview / reply

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 08:30:59 PDT

> Christine Norton wrote:
> Not only am I very interested in your responses but also my
> paper is due tomorrow.
>
> Here is the Interview:

My don't we procrastinate !! Been there, done that !!

Here is the Interview:

1. What grade or grades do you teach?
        6, 7 and 8th

2. Do you teach at only one school or are you shared by two or more?
        One school

3. What State (or Country) are you teaching in?
        Kansas

4. Do you keep an on going communication with the Classroom Teachers in
your school?
         I speak to some of them.
 Via email? Very few are tech savvy.

5. Do you coordinate your Art lessons to relate to what the students are
studying in their
classroom?
        The other subjects are in the curriculum to support the arts. I really
tell them that,
I'm not sure they really believe me.

6. Do you keep in touch with the other Art teachers in your district?
        Yes
 How? As lead art teacher, I am responsible for an inservice each quarter.
I'm also trying to keep them informed via e-mail.

7. Could you give me some idea of the extent to which you have contact
nationally or
internationally with other Art Educators?
        I have attended several national conferences, NAEA, Getty, Docents,
Computer, etc.
and presented at some of them.

8. What are some of the benefits you have experienced by keeping in
touch with others in your
field?
        There is no substitute for communication within your field. The most important
tool I have is this list, ArtsEdNet.

9. Does your school have a Website?
        Yes: http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/

10. Do you have your own Web page?
        Yes: http://www.taospaint.com/

11. If yes to #10, please tell me something about it?
        This is my Journal, my outlet, my tech toy, my exhibit space, my way of
expressing myself,
and my way of showing off my great triplet grandkids.
        http://www.taospaint.com/ChalkArtists.html

Thank you so much for participating in my success as an Art Education
Student! I look forward to
reading you response,

Christine Norton

        Hang in there Christine, we need all the new art teachers we can get.
If this is your thing
you will love it. I tell everyone that I haven't worked in 27 years, and
it's true.
                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail