uniforms....

---------

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 05:28:35 PDT

I have always been leery of uniforms.....BUT a friend of my (art teacher
who is as unique and individual as they come.....and encourages this in her
kids..... ) teaches art at a school that has them and she absolutely loves
them. She says they are wonderful as they equalize some outer things and
allow her and the students to get to the stuff that
matters....learning. Also...she explained that uniforms put kids in the
frame of mind to remember that learning is their job. She also explained
that they have nothing to do with the students creativity. Her arguments
were quite compelling.....

...lia

---