Re: uniforms(long)

---------

From: rexfree (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 21:00:22 PDT

We go to uniforms next year, what a bore.
I made the case for individuality, but I lost.
I may well be the only staff member wearing
the kaki slacks and white shirt. I just can't
see the fairness in enforcing it if I don't go along.
But, be sure I'll have my turquoise on and I'll wear
a Bolo tie every day.
Woody in KC
Hej Woody, your attitude is exactly like mine, and believe or not, the kids
really noticed which teachers wore that standard dress code and who didn't.
I still wore my shirts without a collar, but often I wore the same dorky
shirt they were supposed to wear.. They know that I have been advocating
for collarless shirts.
In a community like mine, the uniforms have been a wonderful idea...they
have a lot of choice of colors, khaki, then forest green navy blue, and
white, and khaki again for shirts, and I am actually pushing for more
restrictions on the those who have a waiver. (Waivers are required under CA
law). However, the kids that wear the uni, look so much better, and I love
the fact that no one, (until you look at their feet) is a corporate sponsor!
I have come to hate logos with a passion, but that may be a losing battle!
SO wear your turquoise, and hope your kids who are pierced where there cool
stuff...there is so much scope for individuality, you will be surprised. I
hope!
Charlotte

---