Re: raku kiln

---------

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 18:54:57 PDT

with 1" thick white blanket of what i call Insu-Wool.

i am using a regular LP Weed burner inserted just in side the bottom of the kiln. I have approx 2 1/2" x 9" of opening around the burner

 and a 6' dia hole in the top, in line, directly above where the burner is inserted..

Just a note, that when the kiln got to apprx 1600 the vent was leaving a hot blue flame out, what i see as wasted heat.

I will make you a sketch and send to you as a jpg file of how to set your stilts for good flame flow inside the kiln. You also need to be sure your insulating bricks are fitting firmly together and there are no gaps.

where are you located?

Lisa Skeen www.living-tree.net
Living Tree Pottery & Handmade Soaps
Summerfield, NC