Re: Stress

---------

wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 19:29:54 PDT

Take heart Janice,
you're not alone.
I got a call from my principal questioning a grade too. somehow I had the
foresight to zerox all of my bubble sheets and gradebook. I know they change
grades so kids can graduate. I just want to make sure it's on their back, not
mine. The VP normally handles this kind of stuff but thank God he was on
vacation. He really hates my guts. I had all my records right in a drawer
close by. I said just a moment and proceeded to reitterate the student's
grades and the dates of pieces due and what was not turned in. I think he was
dumbfounded. I was plesant and offered any further assistance but stated that
my records were closed as per the end of school.
Hang in there>be firm, yet cooperative.

I just got through with a toughie. One of my former students, and a good
friend of my son's committed suicide. It was a gut wrenching funeral. Hold
his family in a special place in your heart.

Enjoy your "me " time,
Gelato