Dress code

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 16:12:07 PDT

   We have a mandatory uniform policy at our school
for our students (elementary). It is left up to the
teachers whether they want to wear a uniform or
not...it is pretty simple..kacki (sp.?) pants and
green, white or yellow polo shirt with the school's
logo imprinted on it. Whatever shoes. I love it. I
went to discount clothes store, bought a bunch of
kacki pants, went to the uniform store and bought a
bunch of polo shirts and thats it for the year! Easy!
It is very cheap and I don't have to worry about
clothes getting destroyed. I don't wear a smock...too
hot! Believe me..uniforms are the way to go...even the
students don't mind it. Maybe in middle and high
school they might...but my daughter never did and she
wore uniforms for the entire time whe was in school
(she's in college now...University of
Amsterdam...lucky girl)
    Jan in Miami