Tapped In as a Resource

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 11:56:43 PDT

I want to thank BJ for encouraging me to sign on with Tapped In. What a
strong learning and teaching tool! I wish I would have tried this much,
much sooner.

If any of you have a little extra time this summer and you are not yet a
member, I encourage you to sign on with Tapped In
(http://www.tappedin.org) and explore the site and it's potential.

Tapped In is a wonderful online community of educators that is so rich
and diverse that it would be impossible to describe it all here. A
little warning: the site looks intimidating at first blush (it just loks
differnt), but it is EASY to use after a little practice.

If you feel hesitant to try jumping in full immersion to begin, sign on
during a training session. Our own BJ has been guiding me. Last
weekend, Kimberly (now from Houston) and I worked with BJ and set up our
own "office spaces" at Tapped In. Now we can work there, study, store
information, visit, participate in discussions, etc., etc.

Tomorrow (July 5) promises to be an interesting discussion. Why don't
you give Tapped In a try? The discussion tomorrow is "blanket the world
with peace", a collaborative electronic quilt pieced from participant's
contributions. Check the Tapped In calendar for your local time.

Happy July 4 to all!
Pam

---