Re: Stress-it kills (if you let it)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 10:23:06 PDT

This whole topic of stress is very depressing. I have to confess that
although I understand why it occurs I don't believe I have it. Perhaps
I'm too
laid back and easy going, or just lazy. There are a multitude of things
that could get to me but I don't let them. I do have a Doctors appointment
set for Friday. I'm too tired and my ankles are swollen, probably my
under active
thyroid again. Some pills will fix it, but it would be a better remedy
to prescribe
Northern New Mexico just to get me away from this damn humidity.
I don't think the HMO would pay for the trip.

If you are overworked, learn to say NO. Learn to prioritize everything.
And remember, if it doesn't get done then it wasn't that important anyway.
There is always tomorrow. When my students are in a hurry to get things done,
I tell them: "You have the rest of your life to get it right."

From a layman's point of view, I would suggest the following if you
believe stress is getting to you:
        1. Go Fishing
        2. Paint a picture