Counting my Blessing.

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 06:39:48 PDT

Just thinking out loud. I can't get Road runner yet to see what the problem
is. If any of my words get changed I will just say them again.

I just read all of these guidelines for life:
http://www.themiracleofstjoseph.org/tencmds2.htm

I am laughing.....I don't allow myself to do those things (without suffering
the consequences....my secrets) So I just allow others to do those things.

There are folks who want to put those words up in the schools. Their was a
school in Lima - Quest Academy who did post those rules and you know what?
Nothing bad happened. But I think I will spend some time today on this nice
restful peaceful day....and just do nothing....Today I just sit around an do
what I want to do. I might just think about how to rewrite those rules in
words kids can understand. If any of you out there have a list of rules that
get the same ideas across Post them to the list. In the Big Book there are
called the Ten Commandments. How about some input on the : "Ten Rules for a
Better Life"

This isn't rewriting the rules in the big book....This is just
interpretations and folks have done that for hundreds of years....I have
several versions myself. ...and I have Bill Gates to thank for one that he
didn't put in his dictionary. (let the kids say quietly to them selves
"Vengeance is mine" and then give them the right tools to seek that
vengeance -- just don't let kids say words they know will hurt them -- say
those quietly....Those who continue to try to "get you" only end up getting
themselves even harder. Don't let them take that risk....and I have all of
you as proof, I wrote the book on that! Don't let kids suffer...let them
tattle to the ones they trust when someone hurts them if that someone hurts
them again. The "little child" in me suffered so I could behave more adult
and forgive and forget...and move on.

When they do something they know in their heart was wrong....allow them to
feel a little guilt....tell them they have to say they are sorry.
Look at all the wealth Bill Gates has....he knows he obtained some of that
dishonestly---but look at all the good he has done with that money.
He has given money back to education....and I used his tools (software) to
solve my problems.....Thank you Bill Gates....the richest man in the world.
My little humor....I have thanked him often for the gifts he has given
me....I wonder how many times his name will come up in a search on the Getty
list. Sorry bill...but the hero in this is the woman who helped
you....Hmmm...will have to look up her name right now but it will come to
me. I know my son knows her name anyway.

Well...hubby needs the computer so I am done for now.

Wonderful Wednesday!

---