Re: raku kiln

---------

From: Roy Liebergen (rliebergen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 06:36:01 PDT

Good Morning
Thanks very much for responding so quickly.
By the waay this is Roy, Carols husband. The Kiln is made of 1/2' expanded metal, insulated with 1" thick white blanket of what i call Insu-Wool. It is 27" in dia, and 30" deep, with the top 10" removable. i am using a regular LP Weed burner inserted just in side the bottom of the kiln. I have approx 2 1/2" x 9" of opening around the burner, and a 6' dia hole in the top, in line, directly above where the burner is inserted..
Just a note, that when the kiln got to apprx 1600 the vent was leaving a hot blue flame out, what i see as wasted heat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Roy & Carol