Help with bullying

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 05:55:32 PDT

Well. I just have to tell you I dreamed my mission was to help fix education
today....Is that what you dreamed last night? I have always been told to
follow my dreams...so that is exactly what I am going to do.

I told you I have a hammer and a bell and by golly I am going to use it. We
have a drab dreary day so I am going to have the best fun I can. We had
planned to go to the park --but it is just too chilly for that. If they sky
clears up we may go later.....but in the mean time the Getty gives me ten
wishes a day...so I will count them....then write the rest down for safe
keeping for another day (sort of like they only needed ten Mona Bucks to get
a prize....We all know how to count to ten right?....but that is another
message).

Give your kids that little bell....when someone bullies them once with
words....Tell them to say...Wow! You do such a good job using your bell of
freedom"......Hey "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never
hurt me" and I have proved that right. I have used those words for the good
of my family. And I listened to my child to get stronger.

And if the same person bullies them twice....Then give them that "hammer of
justice"...They have certainly earned the right to use those words..."Burn
me once shame on you....Burn me twice shame on me"
and in their own little minds they may use those words that so many use
openly against us (I won't put it in writing but I know it has already been
written...No one can punish you for your thoughts and trust me he won't for
those). This should help end bullying (and do TELL them to tell someone
immediately what has happened!!! Something needs to be done for that bully
before it is too late....God did not give man the freedom to bear
arms....and you have to believe my word on that. I really scares me to hear
bullies talking about their guns).

The children are our future! Put an end to bullying. End bullying with
kindness....But never tell a child of god to be silent....Tell them to tell
a teacher!!! The teachers are the ones whom they can trust. You are the
"mothers and fathers" of gods' children....and everyone know you trust your
mother and father to know what is best for you. My life has proven that
going to the bully and talking to him or her is the best way to handle the
situation. Because life isn't fair..some bullies get punished while others
do not.

Wonderful Wednesday!

Judy Decker

---