Higher Education - my thoughts

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 19:00:18 PDT

Well you all know that we lowly teacher folks get the least amount of money
in education and we have the hardest job to do....But we do have to be
realistic and help our children aim high (especially our own -- so they can
support us in retirement --ha-ha). As we educate the little ones --get them
to want to do what they feel is best for man kind. Get them to want to give
back in service to humanity. I know my own son will do great things. As we
drove up to the college and back we discussed all sorts of things that are
wrong with the world and speculated what could be done to fix them....Get
the children to look around and see what is needed. We need them to look
around and see what works well...and look and see what might not be so good.

My son talked about ways to power the earth...fuel emissions...all sorts of
things. We need to get the kids to want to give back...Get kids to go to
school for the right reasons. One should not just think about how much money
one will make --but how much satisfaction the job will bring. Service brings
great rewards.

If more money was put into educating our youth....then maybe so much of our
income later would not be used correcting their mistakes.

I am glad I listened to my heart. I was given an estimate for nearly $2,000
to fix my van....I only asked for an oil change and the air conditioner
fixed.....Well I got the oil change done then took it elsewhere to get the
air-conditioning done for around $120.00. I would call that considerable
savings....Honesty is the best policy in my book.

Some institutions seem to teach students/young adults that the best policy
is to get ahead any way you can...Get the most money you can and see how
much damage you can do along the way. I don't want that in the future for my
country.

Well....I will not be posting anymore for a while. My girlfriend was alarmed
when I told her someone was messing with my Road Runner account. She
suggested I contact them to investigate. It is illegal to interfere with
one's personal e-mail. Still e-mail me and I will read your mail.

Terrific Tuesday is coming to a close,

Judy Decker

---