Re: Looking for a quote

---------

From: SHARON STEERE (SS21803_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 13:45:27 PDT

Would this be it?
"I am interested only in expressing the basic human emotions-tragedy, ecstasy, doom,
and so on--and the fact that lots of people break down and cry when confronted with
my pictures shows that I communicated with those basic human emotions. The people
who weep before my pictures are having the same religious experience I had when I
painted them." Mark Rothko