grades

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 17:04:13 PDT

When you are challenged for grades given -- I think it should be up to the
student to show that she didn't earn the C (or whatever)....If student feels
she/he earned a higher grade they should have to show the work. It shouldn't
be the teacher who has to prove and justify. We should trust teachers.

My students know what grade they deserve before I even tell them.
If a student feels they have earned a higher grade on a written paper, the
administration would make them produce the paper as proof. If the parent and
administration does not believe the teacher gave the right art grade --then
have the student bring in the work. I don't know how this would work. I have
never had a problem with the grades I have given.

One parent said her son was doing the best he could ---then I said he should
behave that way so others can do the best they can he was a constant talker.

Judy

---