Reducing that stress!

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 16:53:23 PDT

Stess in the worse possible thing for putting on the
fat...especially if you are over 40! I highly
recommend reading Pamela Peeke's "Fight Fat After
Forty" (even if you are not over 40). When the stress
hormones are activated (adrenaline and cortisol)for
longer than a healthy immediate short term response
the elevated levels of stress hormones not only
stimulate appetite but also encourage stress at cells
deep inside the abdomen to store more fat. Excess
accumulations of this intraabdominal fat are Toxic
Weight. Especially in women...because our's is a
triple whamo of a metabolic and hormonal change as we
get over 40. This book also has alot of great
suggestions for correct eating, whether you are a
stress overeater or stress undereater. The suggestions
in this book combined with weight training, some sort
of cardio training and stretching (yoga is
perfect..not only for the body but for the mind)really
helps in not only keeping those stress levels at an
absolute minimum but keeping our body healthy.
   Jan in Miami