A Drawing Program and Interface

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 16:10:53 PDT

I am forwarding this request from another list in the hopes that someone
on this list might have some suggestions for Gene. If you do, please
contact him directly.

Respectfuly,
BJ Berquist
mailto:bjb@tappedin.org

Subject: A Drawing Program and Interface

From: Gene Kowch <gkowch@prairie-west-schools.sk.ca

Our K-12 school system has a teacher wanting to pilot K-6 level drawing
on a powerful Intel based station. If the pilot works out, we would like
to give more children this opportunity in art or visual expression.

Does anyone have advice on an interface (pressure sensitive stylus,
stylus tablet, etc) brand name/vendor? Do you have a thought on
related software? I keep finding software that requires too much system
knowledge for this student group/age (ie: Illustrator), or something too
simple and 'rigid' for a 19" screen (KidPics). Does anyone have any
ideas?

Thank you in advance,
 Gene.

 ___"The world is far too beautiful ... to be described in any single
language" (Ilya Progigone, 1947)_

 Eugene G. Kowch
 Division Office
 Prairie West School Division #75