Higher Education

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 14:51:42 PDT

I just got back from a college visit with my family. I liked everything the
woman had to say....Hands-on....co-operative learning....team work....but
the thing the tour guide said bothered me...It was all about how much money
you can make....and finding a job that makes more money
(money..money...money)....He was very proud of showing off their
technology....I am glad they are now working on the comforts of their
students. Student comforts should come before technology.

I felt odd as soon as I saw PURPLE on the wall in the math/science wing.
Purple is my color....(I did my dance to purple and it wasn't a dance for
math and science....I did a dance for the art curriculum....and I have Lima
City Schools as witness)

I was even wearing a purple dress (sort of blue-purple).

Let us all wear purple for Art Education....Maybe we should all show up the
first day of school with little purple ribbons and really get folks
wondering....and if anyone really wants to wonder I will mix it up with some
magenta (that was my other color). It's OK to gloat about something you know
is good for kids---all kids.

Judy Decker

---