Playtime!

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 11:39:27 PDT

What a wonderful way of looking at what some might take as an insult-
art as playtime. I agree that we don't get enought playtime- adults or
kids!

Kids are so swamped these days being programed in to a regular schedule
of things- during the school year and summer. A long time ago when I
was a preschool teacher, I did some reading on the importance of play
and how it is really a child's work. Maybe math, English and social
studies scores woudl go up if they played more in class! But thanks
Patty for the remeinder that we as adults need play too!
MaryB

Patricia Knott wrote:

> Since we have been talking about ways to combat stress thought you
> might find this interesting:
>
> http://www.instituteforplay.com/
>

> This is a site on the importance of play in life, work and education.
>
> I never get insulted (almost never) when art is referred to as
> "playtime."

---