quiet on the first day of lessons

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 07:45:52 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "croberts" <croberts@coastalnet.com>

> I find that on the "first day" of any new lesson, the students are very
> quiet and concentrating.
> Carolyn

I find this to be true, also. So, I've been thinking about shortening my
lessons for fourth and fifth graders (I teach k-5). The things I've been
teaching them take more time to learn and carry out (they have to sythesize
more skills, do more planning), therefore lessons often go on for four or
five classes (40 min.). However, I'm finding that they are losing momemtum
and excitement towards the end. Those of you that teach elementary, how
long do your fourth and fifth grade projects/lessons last? What do you do
to keep them going?

Leah

---