Re: stressless

---------

From: Rodney and Barbara Boville (rboville_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 07:45:24 PDT

Everyone knows stress. Good stress can be a real motivator. However when it
becomes unhealthy, watch out!

1. My desk is used for storage often times, but it is heaven when it is
clean. If my file cabinets and desk are in order I do feel good.(My room is
10'x51' visualize>>>>>)
2. When feeling stressed big time , I get terrible headaches so I keep a
Classic Coke and a small bag of M&M's for my emergency stash!Also some
Migrane strength Excederine. Usually gives me relief quickly
........This stress really is not caused by the children , staff, or my
actual teaching time, generally, its the parents now and then, ugh, usually
around report card time.
3. I have a half hour lunch with 15 minutes prep. I eat a good healthy
breakfast in the morning, so I can walk at lunch and get by with a little
cheese, and a piece of fruit. Getting out of the building and taking even a
15min walk really, really helps.
4. I will stay after school to accomplish grading, mounting, lesson plans,
planning with classroom teachers , dabbling with a new project etc, so I do
not take anything home.

My idea of unwinding is walking with my husband, gardening in the summer,
snowshoeing in the winder, playing with my grandson, chasing after my too
playful dog, and reading. Barbara:-)

---