Judy Decker clarification --and TRUST

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 20:26:01 PDT

I just read my own post...I meant I am not sending out any bizarre or
confusing messages about religion or administrators that you do not
understand. I know I have mentioned god in a message privately and may have
mentioned administrators. Just not venting anymore - and not asking for your
help....I am just using my god messages now to help fix what is wrong with
education. If I mean for you to trust me....I guess I must always tell the
truth.(smile)

TRUST is something we really need to emphasize in our curriculum....If we do
not foster trust and honesty....then these poor kiddies will have to listen
about "other peoples" problems for the rest of their life and will have to
deal with other peoples problems....As I listened to a neighbor talk about
his construction woes....we just had to laugh and I said hey --that must be
something that is wrong with education today....Our administrators don't
trust our word....why should the kids?
If the kids are not taught trust....perseverance....honesty....etc. Then we
will continue to hear other people problems....Want to hear about my
contractor problem from 1994? How about my car mechanic problem just this
summer? I even have some doosies about a doctor. I know you have all had
problems with the rotten things folks have done -- sometimes you have to pay
twice to get a job done right.

Well....I guess we are lucky in one respect. Our school boards don't pay us
half up front and them give us the other half when the job is done....With
some kids the job never gets done....and then they grow up being other
peoples problems ....sigh.Well I guess that is why we have the lawyers,
though. Might as well pay them a whole lot more to take care of problems we
could have done earlier in their life.

I had to take the weight of the world on my shoulders before I could come up
with a way to solve my problem....I solved it but bothered so many other
people around the world (wasted so much of your time--ha-ha). If at first
you don't succeed....try try again. I have assurance I will never be
bothered by any one else's problem (wrongs towards me) in the future and it
does work. Honesty has always been the best policy for me...and when folks
are not honest with me I try to find out why.

Judy

---