Gardner's theory

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 19:29:41 PDT

Leonardo da Vinci...digital imageThanks Mark! As soon as I saw "Gardner" I thought "DUH"! Now I won't lay
awake tonight trying to remember who it was! *L* I didn't know there were
more "intelligences" in the theory, but I'm not surprised. I wish more
people bought into Gardner's theory. My dad is one of the most brilliant
businessmen I've ever met - he can turn a dime into a dollar in nothing
flat. But because he didn't graduate high school he has felt dumb his entire
adult life. And I have spent most of mine trying to convince him that book
smarts aren't everything!
~Michal

> The guy was Gardner, and he's upped the number of intelligences to 8 or 9
> since documenting the original 7. I also believe in his theory, and try to
> remain cognizant of as many of the different learning styles as I can in
> class demos and one-on-one teaching.

---