Re: dress code for art?

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 17:45:58 PDT

Except for when it's art show crunch time, I wear a shirt and tie with
chinos every day, even on dress down days. Sometimes even a white shirt, but
they're usually short sleeved year round. When working with messy stuff I
wear a well broken in apron covered with art buttons. I am very serious
about my program, and I feel it is essential to project a professional image
to the parents and staff to support that. On the other hand, my ties are
always outrageous (but color coordinated), my mustache is enormous, I wear a
discrete earring, my tossled hair is long (and never combed because it never
seems to me to need it), and I usually wear sneakers or Tivas. These are
just rebellious touches I guess, a hint that I'm really a bohemian at
heart. As for the rest of the building, I am not aware of any official dress
code for teachers, but some teachers wear suits, both male and female, and
most everyone dresses conservative prep.

Mark

---