Thank you Mark --scrim shaw

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 12:16:35 PDT

Now I have some background to share if I ever do a lesson similar to that
one of our teachers did at my school. I think she did it with 3rd graders?
(I will have to ask)

She poured little globs of plaster onto wax paper....when dry the students
scratched in designs (maybe could use animals or nature?) When they were
finished, she put shellac on them and when that was dry, she rubbed India
ink into them....they really looked authentic and it was so easy for the
kids to do. I know most think it is best to use authentic materials....but
this worked for the little ones.

Just another idea.

Judy Decker

Hmmmm...that reminds me, I never got those pages posted to my site to show
all of you all the great things the rest of our staff has done....I guess
that will wait. It wasn't on the top of my to-do list....Maybe after I get
the web site done for you Mark? Yours is right up there to do soon.

---