Re: Stressless or trying to be

---------

From: Aaron and Jennifer (THEGREEN99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 08:33:02 PDT

Yoga, yoga, yoga, yoga. Yoga.

I had a professor in college who stressed two things in class. One, just
close the door. Close the door and the classroom is yours. Two, if school
becomes your life, you have no life. If you have no life, you are not being
the best teacher that you can.

As for the yoga comment, I was an avid runner since high school. Then I ran
cross-country in college and since then, I have had problems. (long story)
So I had to find something that would replace my "outlet" without too much
"pain". Yoga has worked. Even in the classroom when I feel that rush of
being overwhelmed (usually when I have 15 first graders asking me questions
at the same time), I take some deep breaths, and I am back on my game.

Jennifer in Michigan

---