stress busters

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 06:03:42 PDT

What other ideas do you guys have to create and maintain an environment that
can
overcome all the little nit picky everyday nusiences?
Teresa in El Paso ---

Dear Teresa,

Music does it for me. I have a portable stereo on which I play my favorite
music, or sometimes just soothing music. I also try to take time out to
talk to some of my more enjoyable colleagues about things other than school.
I always make sure I take time for lunch (I used to work through it) and
once again, I try to eat with and talk with positive people. Find someone
you can trust to help you get things into perspective when you are feeling
negative (for me, it's my husband). Do not go to people that feed your
negativity. Finally, I make my art room a place that I like to be, so I
don't mind spending extra time there organizing, preparing, and just
thinking.

Leah

---