Re: Leonardo da Vinci...digital image

---------

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 21:52:26 PDT

So what is the final outcome? Susan
    -----Original Message-----
    From: The Austin's <whest177@wheatstate.com>
    To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu>
    Date: Saturday, June 30, 2001 4:39 PM
    Subject: Re: Leonardo da Vinci...digital image

    And now... the rest of the story.......
    When I was in college I did a research paper on forgery. There was a story about how one day when the Louvre was closed for cleaning one of the "cleaning guys" walked out with the Mona Lisa. What made the story interesting was that prior to the robbery he had painted 6 copies on antique walnut, just like the real Mona Lisa. He shipped these forgeries out of the country. Well, after the real Mona Lisa was discovered missing the forger was able to sell his forgeries to private collectors. Years later the Mona was returned. Now, the plot thickens. With all the DNA tests available today, Dr.Yodston in the USA had his copy tested to determine if he had a copy or the original. His painting passed all tests that the painting in the Louvre passed. The forger's name was Chaudron.

        If you want a really fascinating, easy "art" read, then I suggest "Three Picassos before Breakfast: Memoirs of an Art Forger's Wife" by Anne-Marie Stein.
    ~Michal
            Hi I have been reading a very thick bography of Leonardo Da vinci. I Have done a few things with him before as an artist. If you were developing a whole unit on him what things would you bee sure to include? I want to see if I am on the right track with my ideas?

    ---
leave-artsednet-5780X@lists.getty.edu

---