Re: Stressless or trying to be

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 18:30:09 PDT

ArtVaderr@aol.com wrote:

> I went to a teaching workshop where the facilitator stated that research has
> proven that teaching is comparable to "air traffic controllers" as far a
> stress factors are concerned.

I really believe this. I feel what we do is extremely stressful.
Wouldn't it be nice if our administration worked to make our job teaching
children less stressful rather than More stressful?? I feel that since the
classroom has changed ( for me anyway) so dramatically in the past 2 years- most
administrators are out of touch with what it is actually like now.in the
classroom. And the kinds of kids that we are getting.
There are some really needy( read as dysfunctional) kids like I have never seen
before.. ...
Also, I realize that my stress is created by my reaction to events. I am
working
on trying to choose the reaction before I just knee-jerk one out. I was getting
pretty good at the latter.
Aahhh, I love summer! Betsy

---