Stressless in Wisconsin? (trying to be!)

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 11:49:27 PDT

Theresa and all,
These are absolutely important and timely questions. If anything it
seems there are more stresses each year as students become more
needy(ex. broken families), administration looks for more accountability
from us and districts keep cutting at the arts- Whew!
At the end of this year I realized I was running as fast as I could to
keep up with school and home and had no idea how the stress affected me
till I was on vacation(- another story). Thank God for summer!
Bunki's slipper idea ties in with my thoughts exactly. Our workplaces
are like are second homes at times. I don't have slippers ( yet), put
keep many of the comforts of home at work- lotions, snacks, teas,
make-up fix ups, chocolate and chocolate! You get the idea. But
Theresa's questions were just what I was thinking about at the end of
the school year-- what can we do to keep our stress level down.
 Maybe yoga or more exercise this fall will help. I' d love to hear more
thoughts on how to keep stress levels down for the next school year.
Thanks Theresa for starting this.
MaryB

Tsheffey@aol.com wrote:

> We've talked about resting up to be renewed at the start of the year.
> I have another question. How can we better control our classroom
> environment
> to be as stressless as possible so we can stay renewed? How can we
> protect
> ourselves from all the negative we get every day from administration,
> district, etc.etc.
> Bunki gave me an idea a few years ago to bring house slippers to
> school to
> wear during my planning. It helps....a little time to "chill". What
> other
> ideas do you guys have to create and maintain an environment that can
> overcome all the little nit picky everyday nusiences?
> Teresa in El Paso ---

---