Re: The Middle Ages--art project ideas?

From: CastinPhan
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 22:20:02 PDT

My first project with my third grade students is from Art Smart art history
lesson book. If you don't have it, I would suggest getting one. It's a good
resource. I am doing The Book of Days project. An illustrated calendar. I am
changing it slightly. It has the entire calendar on one piece. I am turning
it into a group project where each group will create a calendar. They are
responsible for the illustrations and putting in the dates and important days
on a preprinted grid that will be the calendar part. When finished they will
put it together like the calendars we have today...a picture representing a
particular month. Since we will have close to 20 calendars, we are going to
distribute them to the principal, superintendent, and board members. A little
gift can go a long way. Just a suggestion.

Sal Pienschke
Anne M Jeans Elementary
Burr Ridge Illinois

---