Re: Art education censorhsip

From: Dave Wuerffel (wuerfeld)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 18:33:19 PDT

    Jane,
    The program that I am in requires a Bachelors in you field of specialization
    (mine was art), many hours volunteer work in the public schools, specific
    grade, several professional recommendations and passing a pre-service
    teachers exam. Many, like myself, have had years of experience in a related
    area or have entrepreneural backgrounds. The emphasis now is learning how
    to teach what we know...this includes coursework and field experience with
    excellent mentors in schools both suburban and inner city schools. One of my
    courses is aesthetics and it has been effective my napping brain cells.
    I am not famliar yet with how the professional approach postmodern art, but
    I am looking forward to hearing more. Good luck on your project....
    Regards,
    Jayne

    Message -----