Re: refreshing a website..my sad tale

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 17:40:51 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************
    Bunki-
    Why don't you go for their approval to work independently and make an offer
    to free up some of their time? I'm sure you can make an appeal to the
    "higher ups" and convince them your ready for that BIG STEP!Talk about
    childish behavior- are'nt these people supposed to be teachers?Teachers dont
    train people to be dependent.Patti-Artystyc3
    ****************
    > So I agree with Patti that maybe Bunki needs to "volunteer" to do the work
    > and view it as a trade-off: You'll get "on the job training" and hone your
    > skills and not have to pay to take a class on web stuff. Just a thought...
    > Sharon
    ****************

    Hey, friends. I DID volunteer (many, MANY times!) but they don't want to let
    go of the control that they each enjoy...if you get my drift. I even went to
    the principal and he said that he'd rather not tangle with the librarian
    since she's been the head bee of this hive since the beginning of our
    techno-ya-ya. Can't buck the system or its leaders, it seems, so guess I'll
    just play along. It just takes a heck of alot more of my time trying to
    coordinate with them than if I just did it on my own....sigh.

    I had gotten to the point of buying my own webpage software...the same as
    the school's...and I scan the pictures to the tech lady from home, make up
    the pages at home, put them on a disk, and bring them in to be "edited" by
    the librarian (she hasn't changed anything YET on them) and then I hand them
    over to the other tech lady who punches in the secret password and copies
    them in and adds my scanned pictures. I have to look over her shoulder to
    tell her where to add the pictures! It's a joke! I do all the WORK as you
    see. Bummer. Toodles.....

    ---