Re: refreshing a website..my sad tale

From: artrageous
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 15:35:27 PDT

    My (small, private) school recently spent who knows what to hire a
    professional web design company to make their new webpage (which is a
    marketing tool as much as anything). The previous version had been made by
    students in a class a couple of years ago and wasn't too bad, though it
    needed a professional touch.

    Anyhow, the new website is really poor. While the main page is pretty neat,
    the pictures throughout the site are awful, the design is really inadequate
    and it's difficult to coordinate updates.

    Since I've gotten into web design and know the basics and a little more,
    this has really, really bothered me and so I've talked with the headmaster
    about it. He's interested in having me take it over once the school year
    starts and while I'm excited about this, I betcha there won't be any extra
    compensation for it!

    But I'd rather do it and put something together that the school can be proud
    of and that can be updated frequently and easily than continue to use
    something that really needs improvement. Besides, it will give me a chance
    to continue to develop my skills as a web designer.

    So I agree with Patti that maybe Bunki needs to "volunteer" to do the work
    and view it as a trade-off: You'll get "on the job training" and hone your
    skills and not have to pay to take a class on web stuff. Just a thought...

    Sharon
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others

    ---