Re: Art education censorhsip

From: E Jane Beckwith (ejb35)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 15:44:48 PDT

    Jayne nice to meet another Jane but with a y.

    My interest in the topic you raise is research I am doing about how teachers
    introduce postmodern, contemporary arts in their classrooms. Because the content
    of a lot of postmodern art is controversial, I want to know how teachers teach
    it successfully. As I wrote to the list, I am interested that so many teachers
    are making their own policies, rather than schools having policies in place,
    about restricted or censored images. It is hard, because art from the last 60
    years that is well-regarded, can also be laden with such images as teachers say
    they need to restrict. Do you have any thoughts on this? Also, what is
    postgraduate art licensing program? Thanks for your posting, I have learned a
    lot from the responses, as I hope you have. Jane wit

    ---