Knee-high Gallery

From: PurpleArt
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 09:49:19 PDT

    Another neat back to school song was written by composer David Lee Brown:

    "Knee-high Gallery"
    There's a gallery in my house
    I can see it if I get down on my knees
    Paintings and pictures of stick people
    Several portraits of me
    Some of the pictures tell stories
    Some are just glue and paint
    Some are a major production
    Some would be critiqued as quaint
    Sometimes the artists sign their names
    They don't always spell it the same
    It's my knee-high gallery
    Precious are to me.

    There's a drift of cutout snowflakes
    and a pile of pasted on leaves
    There are construction paper tulips
    And a man made of noodles and beans
    There's a night light that guards them a night
    Scotch-tape for security
    I'm so lucky all the odd-shaped faces
    Have great big smiles for me
    The collection has no order
    It was put up by care for me
    It's my knee-high gallery
    Precious art to me.

    Will there be a shoulder-high gallery
    when these artists have too much to do
    When my eyes have to look a head taller
    Will the masterpieces be too few
    But if you bring home something you're proud of
    I will hang it there for you.
    In my knee-high gallery
    Precious art to me.

    ---