Re: SLIDES & TEXTBOOKS???

From: Sandy Sasso (sassoart)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 11:09:31 PDT

    on 7/30/00 8:25 PM, Maggie White at mwhiteaz wrote:

    > FLYTOL1 wrote:
    >>
    >> I am looking for companies that sell Elementary Art Education Slides,
    >> Textbooks, and other educational resources.
    >>

    > Tim,
    >
    > Look at Davis Publications, or the Universal Color Slide Co. I'm sure
    > both have Web sites.
    >
    > Maggie
    >
    > ---

    Maggie,
    I teach K-5 art. I started 6 years ago with no reproductions and now I have
    accumulated tons. Crizmac (Crizmac.com) has good stuff. Dick Blick and
    Nasco both carry great stuff as well. Last year I adopted textbooks
    (Harcourt Brace, "Arts Express") for my classes and got incredible amounts
    of gratis materials from them, including beautiful posters and
    transparencies. They did not offer slides. I have made my own slides for
    years by using a copy stand and shooting or just laying a book on the ground
    outside in the shade on a sunny day and standing above it and shooting.
    Flash would not be good.

    Good luck.

    Sandy Sasso

    ---