Re: need your cooperation in a study of art education

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe.us)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 09:03:51 PDT

    >>> pnina_b 07/29 8:30 AM >>>
    Hi All of you

    I am doing a research study with the purpose of constructing an agreed upon definition of autonomic learner in visual arts and I need your help as an art teachers. I will be grateful for your cooperation.

    please answering the following 3 questions:

      1.. In your opinion, what are the operational, emotional, cognitive and meta-cognitive abilities required, in order to understand plastic art?
           Visual and or tactile intelligence preference.

      2.. Which abilities, in your opinion, are essential and without them one cannot understand nor experience a piece of art?
           An innate desire to communicate beyond words.

      3.. Can we identify a sequence through which these abilities should be learned. What are the considerations for that - age of student, the educational framework or other considerations?
           Artistic intelligence can manifest itself early such as Picasso and Mozart or late in life like Van Gogh so the educational opportunities need to be made available to foster these learners at all levels of education.

    If you are willing to cooperate please respond and I will gladly provide you with more information regarding my research.

    Mrs. Pnina bachar

    Head of the Art Education department

    Art School of Beit-Berl College

    Israel