beginning school

From: MRJWITZ
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 08:45:25 PDT

    Does anyone have any good "name" projects for the first days of school k-5 ?

    Also.....I have a good kdg first day that worked very well last year....
    since mommies always ask little ones "what did you do in school today?" and
    most can't remember...
    I designed a worksheet that is framed with a cute artsy design.
    At the top I wrote in "Firstgrader" font....Today I had art. My teacher's
    name is (my name). She showed me the art room and told me that I was going
    to learn about artists and make a lot of things. She said art was going to
    be fun. This is a picture of Mrs.---------------------.
    I gave my "shpile" about the art room and my philosophy...and then read the
    sheet to the students. I then stood in front of the room, posed, and asked
    them to draw ME. They thought it was really fun...and the portraits gave me
    a laugh each day !!!!!!
    Parents commented favorably.....many enjoyed the interaction about school
    that this worksheet elicited.
    Hope some of you can add this to your collecton ideas..
    I've created a folder with ideas from this group....and periodically refer to
    it for refreshers............
    thanks everyone ! robin

    Robin

    ---