Encaustics

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 08:16:04 PDT

    > I don't painting encaustic, but crayons are not good to melt. Better use
    > Dorland's wax medium . Anyone agree?

    Yes. Melting crayons is what a friend of mine refers to as "juvenilizing a
    technique"
    Encaustics is an ancient method with a rich history. It can be accomplished
    with beeswax and dried pigment. Toxic solvents should not be a problem. Yet,
    it is not an easy process.

    A good site for information and supplies is:

    ENKAUSTIKOS
    http://www.fineartstore.com

    ---