Art Education Websites with CONTENT

From: Robin Davis (RDavis@dm-art.org)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 07:24:32 PDT

    I am the Educational Technology Manager at the Dallas Museum of Art. I am
    pretty familiar with the web and it's many wonderful sites for art
    education. In the process of putting together an art interface for children
    (called Artcats, debuting at the 2000 MCN conference in September) I am
    experiencing a bit of frustration in looking for content for a page for art
    teachers. Here is what I have come up against: a great many of the sites,
    even some of the really big and reputable education sites, do not have that
    much content!! Many of them consist of links to other pages, which have
    links to other pages etc etc. What I would really like are some examples of
    REAL art and art history lesson plans used with REAL kids instead of just
    lists of links, like I have seen here on this list. Do you have a page that
    has a lesson plan that you have used with examples of student created art?
    (I know you do!!!) Would you like to possible be linked to us on a page for
    art teachers?? Is so, send me your links! Thanks!

    Robin Works Davis
    Educational Technology Manager
    Dallas Museum of Art
    1717 N. Harwood