Re: artsednet digest: July 30, 2000

From: Deb's mail (debldub)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 05:51:13 PDT

    I have been teaching Graphic Design to grades 10-12 for the past two years.
    Currently I have 6 computers in my classroom. I would much prefer to have at
    least 10, but as you can imagine it is hard for art teachers to get
    computers. With 24 students in my classes, I divide their time between
    pencil to paper and digital applications. This really works well for me.
    Students create all artwork first on paper then on the computer. I have
    many suggestions for projects if you are interested. During the fall
    semester I teach Adobe Illustrator first quarter then Adobe Photoshop the
    second quarter. Spring semester I teach Corel Draw first and Corel
    PhotoPaint the last quarter. Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw requires some
    computer savvy also creative finesse. Good luck developing your program.

    Deborah N. Christian
    Graphic Design Art Teacher
    Title III Teacher Telementor
    Westmoore High School