Re: Art education censorhsip

From: E Jane Beckwith (ejb35)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 20:25:17 PDT

    Dave, I am interested to know if Jayne, the student, is touching on this topic
    during her pre-professional preparation. Is she an art teacher in a art
    education school? This topic of censorship is close to my interest in how
    teachers successfully present controversial, postmodern art topics/works, when
    so many of these deal with the subjects Jayne and respondents have mentioned. I
    am finding all the responses very useful, and I wonder what art education
    programs are informing their students about how to handle these sometimes touchy
    topics. It is also interesting that most school districts and schools do not
    have written policies, but that teachers are creating policies that they are
    comfortable enforcing. I hope everyone continues to weigh in on Jayne's

    ---