Re: Burlap

From: Casart9197
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 17:05:09 PDT

    trapunto- stuffed sewing- Italy- I have the kids select a bird of their
    choosing, draw it 9x12, cut apart like a puzzle, trace the parts onto burlap,
    cut, sew, stuff. They must use a minumum of 5 different stitches.
    Also , senufo- Nigeria- draw an animal of
    African origins, divide body into sections, each section with pattern.
    Embellish w/ marker or could change it by having them sew it.
    Could do burlap mola designs with the kids too.
    hope this helps.
    Christine in Binghamton

    ---